The state of Oklahoma offers several financial aid programs. Start applying for these programs by submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant Program (OTAG)
OTAG is a need-based program for Oklahoma residents who are enrolled full-time or part-time in undergraduate courses at eligible colleges, universities and career technology centers in Oklahoma. The OTAG application is available within the FAFSA. OTAG funds are limited, so it’s important to submit the FAFSA as early as possible each year you need financial aid for college.
Oklahoma Tuition Equalization Grant Program (OTEG)
OTEG awards grants to Oklahoma students attending eligible not-for-profit, private or independent institutions. Funds are limited for this program, so be sure to submit your FAFSA early.
Oklahoma’s Promise Scholarship Program
Oklahoma’s Promise allows eighth-, ninth- or 10th-grade students from families with an income of $50,000 or less to earn a college tuition scholarship. Students must also meet academic and conduct requirements in high school and submit the FAFSA during their senior year of high school. Upon completion of the program’s requirements, students earn:
- Tuition at an Oklahoma public two-year college or four-year university.
- OR a portion of tuition at an accredited Oklahoma private college or university.
- OR a portion of tuition for courses at public technology centers that are approved for credit toward an Associate of Applied Science degree at a public college.
Academic Scholars Program
The Academic Scholars Program awards scholarships to Oklahoma residents who score in the 99.5 percentile on the ACT or SAT exam. It’s also available to students who are named National Merit Scholars or finalists, Presidential Scholars or Institutional Nominees.
Other scholarship opportunities unique to the state of Oklahoma include:
- The Future Teachers Scholarship
- The George and Donna Nigh Public Service Scholarship
- The Regional University Baccalaureate Scholarship
Be sure and check these out to see if you’re eligible!