Experts have been saying for years that it’s much less expensive to save for college than it is to borrow money to cover the costs of your higher education. To see the huge difference between the two options, read the Saving vs. Borrowing page at OK4Saving.org.
One savings option you’ll want to check out is the Oklahoma 529 College Savings Plan (OCSP). Here are a few benefits of the OCSP:
- It’s a tax-deferred account
- Multiple family members and friends can contribute to the account on your behalf
- It can pay for more than just tuition (it can cover fees, some room and board costs, etc.)
- It can be used at any accredited college in the U.S., and even certain colleges abroad
- There are several contribution options available that make adding to your OCSP easy and convenient
- An OSCP can be opened with as little as $100
- You and others who contribute to your account can save as much as $300,000 for your education
- Parents and grandparents can enter the Newborn Sweepstakes for a chance to win a $5,549 contribution to a newborn’s account. The sweepstakes ends April 14, 2018.
Visit OK4Saving.org to learn more.