February is Financial Aid Awareness Month! This is the time for you to learn all about the financial aid process for college.
What is financial aid?
Federal and State Grants
- Pell Grant
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant
- Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant
- Oklahoma Tuition Equalization Grant
How do I apply?
- Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Apply every year you need financial aid for college
- Apply on or after October 1
- Complete your application online at FAFSA.gov
- Create an FSA ID to access and sign your FAFSA
How will I know how much financial aid I’ve been offered?
- After your FAFSA has been submitted and you’ve been admitted, your school will send you an aid offer
- Review and research all programs offered, and accept only the aid you need
- You don’t have to accept everything you’ve been offered
To learn more about the financial aid process, review these tools on this site:
- FAFSA Learning Modules
- Finish the FAFSA in Five Steps
- Dependency Questionnaire
- FAFSA Fundamentals 2021-2022 PowerPoint
- FAFSA Parent Flyer
You will also find these helpful FAFSA videos:
- FAFSA and Financial Aid
- Scholarships 101
- The FAFSA in 5 (English)
- La FAFSA en 5 (Spanish)
- FAFSA Form and FSA ID Tips for Parents
UCanGo2.org also offers many beneficial FAFSA resources:
- The EFC (Expected Family Contribution) PowerPoint
- The FSA ID (Federal Student Aid Identification) PowerPoint
- The Financial Aid Award Letter PowerPoint
Learn more about Financial Aid Awareness Month here!