Completing the FAFSA is as easy as 1, 2, 3… 4, 5!
- Gather Materials – You’ll need your social security card, current bank statements and, if you’re a dependent student, your parent(s)’ information. For the 2019-2020 FAFSA, you’ll also need your 2017 W2s and tax returns.
- Create an FSA ID – This username and password is used to electronically sign your FAFSA and other important financial aid paperwork. Visit fsaid.ed.gov to sign up.
- Fill It Out – The FAFSA is available at FAFSA.ed.gov after October 1 each year. Check out the “Tool Tips” question mark box beside each field for assistance with each question.
- Sign & Submit – Enter your FSA ID to serve as your electronic signature. Don’t forget to click submit at the bottom of the screen.
- Follow Up – Watch your email for a Student Aid Report (SAR) and information from the schools who’ve received your FAFSA results. Be sure to follow up with the financial aid office at your school if you have additional questions.