Here’s a list of websites and publications available to help you understand and complete the FAFSA.
- StudentAid.gov, part of the U.S. Department of Education, Federal Student Aid is the largest provider of student financial aid in the nation. Here you can submit, edit or renew your FAFSA, add school codes, learn more about the financial aid process and manage any student loans you may have.
- Complete the FAFSA Guide
- FSAID.ed.gov, the website to create an FSA ID.
- A helpful video with a quick overview of the FAFSA process.
- UCanGo2.org FAFSA page for educators, contains helpful resources for counselors planning and hosting FAFSA sessions for students and parents.
- OKcollegestart.org, houses important information about Oklahoma colleges and universities.
- College Navigator, a website with information about colleges nationwide.
FAFSA Facts and Five Steps, a flyer that provides students and parents with must-know facts about completing the FAFSA.
UCanGo2’s Dependency Questionnaire, a tool to help you determine if you’re an independent or dependent student.
FAFSA Parent Flyer, a publication for parents with helpful information about FAFSA completion.
Your Transition to College, a brochure that helps high school students understand the differences between high school and college, and make the transition.
The FSA ID Worsheet, also available in Spanish, will guide you through the FSA ID creation process. Federal Student Aid IDs are required for students to electronically sign the FAFSA, and one parent of a dependent student will also need to create an FSA ID. Keep this document in a safe place.