November is National Scholarship month making it the perfect time to learn more about scholarships and where to find them. Scholarship funds help with bridging the gap between financial aid that may be offered and the total cost of your college education.
Scholarships are not based solely on academic merit, athletics or financial need. The truth is there are countless scholarships for all kinds of things, so don’t assume you’re not eligible. A scholarship might cover the entire cost of your tuition, or it might be a one-time award of a few hundred dollars. Either way, it’s worth your time to apply because it’ll help reduce the cost of your education.
So, you’re ready to start applying for scholarships, but are wondering where to begin? UCanGo2.org has just what you need! Check out these resources and get started on your applications!
- Scholarship Listings – Search for scholarships by deadline or category to narrow down the list of awards you feel are the best fit for you.
- Scholarships by Deadline allow you to search for scholarships by the date the application must be submitted. It’s a great way to keep a target ahead of you to encourage action.
- Scholarships by Category help you find scholarships according to particular areas of interests, hobbies, ethnicity, special needs and more.
- Scholarship Success Guide – Your one-stop-shop on the path to scholarship success, this guide includes tips for how best to plan, research, apply and track scholarships. It also offers a list of reputable websites to help you as you continue your search.
- Scholarship Tracker – A simple printable document to help you keep track of scholarships, award amounts, deadlines, and more.
- Scholarships 101 – A short, informative presentation with helpful tips on scholarship basics.
- Facebook – Follow UCanGo2 on Facebook. Each week a new list of scholarships is shared with a link to the award, the scholarship amount and the deadline.