Completing the Free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) can be stressful, especially for students who are already weighing the options of various universities or career techs, applying for scholarships and studying for the ACT or SAT—and all while still trying to be regular high school students! That’s why the Oklahoma College Assistance Program (OCAP) offers various resources to help families understand and navigate their way through the FAFSA.
StartWithFAFSA.org offers a number of articles and links to help you as you complete your FAFSA application. Check out these great posts and resources:
- Why is the FAFSA so important?
- What’s the IRS DRT?
- 2018-19 Dependency Questionnaire
- Types of financial aid
- Homeless Youth information
- Understanding your award letter
- Informative videos in English and Spanish
- Are You Planning for College? in Spanish
- FAFSA Facts and Finish The FAFSA in Five Steps
- FAFSA Parent Flyer
Don’t forget: the 2018-19 FAFSA became available on Oct. 1, so high school seniors should complete this form as soon as possible. Visit FAFSA.gov to start the process today!