February is Financial Aid Awareness Month! This is a perfect time to learn all about access to federal, state and institutional student aid and the financial aid process.
WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF FINANCIAL AID?
Federal and State Grants
- Pell Grant
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant
- Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant
- Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant
HOW DO I APPLY?
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA online at StudentAid.gov
- Create a FSA ID to access, sign and submit your FAFSA application
- Use the FSA ID Worksheet to help you keep things organized
- Apply on or after October 1 annually
- Be aware of college, state and federal deadlines
- Apply every year you need financial aid for college
HOW WILL I KNOW HOW MUCH FINANCIAL AID I’VE BEEN OFFERED?
- After your FAFSA has been submitted and you’ve been admitted, your college will send you an aid offer
- Review and research all programs offered, and accept only the aid you need
- You don’t have to accept everything you’ve been offered
- FAFSA Facts and Five Steps
- UCanGo2’s Dependency Questionnaire
- UCanGo2’s FAFSA Fundamentals 2022-2023 PowerPoint
- FAFSA Learning Modules
- FAFSA Parent Flyer
You will also find these helpful FAFSA Videos:
- FAFSA and Financial Aid
- Scholarships 101
- Completing the FAFSA via Mobile App
- The FAFSA in 5 (English & Spanish)
UCanGo2.org also offers these additional FAFSA resources:
- The EFC (Expected Family Contribution) PowerPoint
- The FSA ID (Federal Student Aid Identification) PowerPoint
- The Financial Aid Award Letter PowerPoint
Learn more about Financial Aid Awareness Month here!